Welcome to our development update blog! Here at Magic League, we are committed to improving our transparency with what’s going on behind the scenes, and to make sure that you are getting the most out of our service. So, we are proud to present the first of our updates on the advancements made to our league management software over the past few weeks.
Here are some of the latest features we’ve integrated:
- Half Season Payments: League organisers can now opt for half season payments, providing flexibility for players to spread their payments over an extended period. This option can be found when creating a league.
- Enhanced Fixture Editing: We’ve simplified the process of editing fixtures, by allowing you to edit all fixtures at once, rather than needing to amend them individually.
- Pitch Column Addition to Umpire and Coordinator Fixture Screen: Umpires and coordinators can now see at a glance the playing locations with the new pitch column within the fixtures tab of their logins.
- Accept Player Selection: When an existing player requests to join a team, this will show in the team captain’s ‘my team’ tab, for either acceptance or rejection in addition to the automated email they will receive.
- Umpire & Coordinator Join Dates: For better transparency and tracking, join dates for umpires and coordinators are now displayed.
- Umpire & Coordinator Assignment Alerts: Using the match official parameters set up in the settings, warnings will pop up upon saving your fixture input if the parameters are not met when a coordinator is logging in. In addition to this, when updating fixtures, if no coordinator is selected, you will not be able to save them until one is assigned to the games.These restrictions/ message will only appear for coordinators logging this information, admin users will still have the ability to input fixture data as they wish without restriction/ warning.
- Amend Scheduled Messages: You can now edit or cancel scheduled messages.
- Players Leaving With Active Balances: If a player attempts to leave a team with an allocation due, they will receive an onscreen message to inform them that this is not possible, until their balance has been cleared, or reallocated, by asking them to contact their captain or an admin.
- Expanded umpires and coordinator sign-up information: We have included an option to include an address line for umpires and coordinators, giving administrators more information regarding officials that sign up.
- Improved Visual Monitoring for the Admin Dashboard: A traffic light system has been implemented for fixtures on the dashboard, allowing you to see at a glance what fixtures are missing information. The details included in this check is key information only; the score, and umpires and coordinators assigned.Green – Everything is in order, all parameters are met. Yellow – Partial input of details. Red – No details have been input.
If you would like further information on how to access any of these new features, please see our help centre, by clicking the link here.
We value your feedback and encourage you to share your experiences and suggestions as we continue to refine and expand the capabilities of Magic League through talking to us directly, or via our support tickets. Together, we will make league management not only easier, but magical!